Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. Since many of these symptoms like headaches, feeling breathless, Nauseated, dizzy or other symptoms are similar to other illnesses, you may not think that carbon monoxide poisoning could be the cause. Don’t ignore symptoms, particularly if more than one person is feeling them. You could lose consciousness and die if you do nothing.
Carbon monoxide can be released by fuel burning appliances. The fumes are odorless, colorless, and deadly. Make sure to properly install gas run appliances and maintain them according to manufacturers’ instructions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.fire.ca.gov/communications/communications_firesafety_carbonmonoxide