Freeze Advisory Areas Affected: Southern Sacramento Valley; Central Sacramento Valley; Carquinez Strait and Delta
A cold dry airmass filtering over the region will result in the possibility of freezing morning temperatures in the valley early this week.
…Gusty winds into Tuesday morning…
• Gusty north winds in the Central Valley today becoming easterly in the northern Sierra tonight. Gusts to around 45 mph possible in the Sacramento Valley through early evening with gusts of 50 mph or greater possible over the crest of the northern Sierra tonight.
*TIMING… Gusty north winds today and freezing temperatures late tonight into early Tuesday.
* WINDS… North 15 to 25 mph with gusts around 40 mph.
* Temperature… Coldest lows ranging from 28 to 32.
* IMPACTS… Gusty winds can lead to difficult driving conditions for small cars and high profile vehicles.
Freezing temperatures can damage or kill plants that are sensitive to cold.
Please check on the elderly and make sure your animals have a warm shelter.
• A Freeze Warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
• A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 40 mph are expected.
• Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.