Areas Affected: Western Plumas County/Lassen Park; West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
• A cold dry airmass filtering over the region will result in the possibility of freezing morning temperatures in the valley early this week.
…Gusty winds into Tuesday morning…
• Gusty north winds in the Central Valley today becoming easterly in the northern Sierra tonight. Gusts to around 45 mph possible in the Sacramento Valley through early evening with gusts of 50 mph or greater possible over the crest of the northern Sierra tonight.
* TIMING…Tonight into Tuesday morning.
* WINDS…Easterly 20 to 40 mph with gust of 50 to 60 mph, especially through the passes and along ridgetops.
* IMPACTS…Difficult driving conditions for small cars and high profile vehicles. Local tree damage and power outages possible.
• A Wind Advisory means that wind gusts of 40 mph are expected.
• Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.